UNIZULU welcomes back all returning students for 2016 registration. As returning student, you may be use to the process of registration, however some important details on registration has changes and is captured herein below. Ensure that you carefully read through each block below which will provide clarity on the entire registration process.
The university has two campuses, namely the KwaDlangezwa Campus as well as the Richards Bay campus. Please ensure that you register on the Campus on which you will be studying i.e. if you will be studying at the KwaDlangezwa Campus, register there, if you will be studying at the Richards Bay Campus, register on that campus.
Due to large numbers, ALPHABETICAL REGISTRATION will take place as follows at the KWADLANGEZWA CAMPUS – PLEASE ADHERE TO THESE DATES:
|FIRST LETTER OF SURNAME||DATE||NO. OF DAYS|
|A – L||25 – 27 January 2016||3|
|Ma – Ml||28 – 29 January 2016||2|
|Mn-Mz||1 – 2 February 2016||2|
|N||3 – 4 February 2016||2|
|O-Z||5 February 2016||1|
The alphabetical system will not be used at the Richards Bay Campus – registration of returning students will take place on any of the above dates as the numbers are small.
You need to deposit the minimum initial payment fee at least 4 (four) working days BEFORE registration date into the university’s bank account. The MIP is set out below:
Minimum Initial Payment (MIP) R3 000.00 (non-residential students)
R4 000.00 (residential students). Please note that this amount is applicable if you have received confirmation of a residence. There is no refund if you pay R5 000 and you do not get residence space!
You need to deposit the minimum initial payment fee at least 4 (four) working days BEFORE registration date, into the University’s Bank Account as follows:
Type of account
|:University of Zululand
:ABSA Bank, Empangeni
:YOUR STUDENT NUMBER (this is VERY IMPORTANT!)
Policy on outstanding fees: Management amended the rule on outstanding fees for 2016 registration and students will be allowed to register provided that they do not owe the university more than 50% of total fees outstanding and provided that they have entered into an accepted payment plan with the university, subject to the following:
1. Tuition – A Payment Plan system must be put in place after consideration by University Management if a student has outstanding tuition fees. Students (especially owing students) are advised to make sure that their contact details and biographical data are duly updated to facilitate successful delivery of sms & email notifications on Balances, Payment Plan Information, and 2016 Registration Information etc.
2. Residences – No student will qualify for Residence 2016 allocation if there are fees outstanding by 24 DECEMBER 2015.
3. Financing Agencies – Students with outstanding balances from previous years: 3.1 Mobile units for the big banks will be on campus to assist students/parents with study loans and opening of new bank accounts 3.2 Eduloan continues to be readily available to offer assistance to students/parents with study loans (next to postal services in the Admin Building, Ground Floor)
NB: Payment of fees remains the responsibility of the student/parent whether the student is sponsored or not.
Please do not give cash to anyone! Under no circumstances does the University deal with cash – do not let anyone fool you!
Student Fees – 2016
|R 90 2 .00||R 90 2 .00|
|R 26 6 .00||R 266.00|
|R 257.00||R 257.00|
|R 297.00||R 297.00|
|R 145.00||R 145.00|
|R 127.00||R 127.00|
|R 103.00||R 103.00|
|R 291.00||R 291.00|
Internet access Levy
|R 291.00||R 291.00|
Personal accident/Life cover
|R 150.00||R 15 0 .00|
Postgrad tuition (Levied a t Year One)
|R 8 2 70.00|
Module fee – Semester
|R 2 206 .00|
Module fee – Term
|R 1 104 .00|
For more details on other financial costs, please contact the finance office.
• ORIGINAL Matriculation/Senior Certificate
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER IF YOU DO NOT BRING IT WITH YOU!
• Identity Document/Passport (international students);
• Proof of postal AND residential addresses
• International students must also please provide Proof of Study Permit
Applications for accommodation will be done online. For further information please contact Mrs T Nsibande at Student Housing on 035-9026179.
Please note that Richards Bay Campus is a day campus and there is no official University accommodation on that campus.
The Registration Process at the KwaDlangezwa Campus in 2016 will be on a “one-stop-shop” basis i.e. the whole Registration Process will take place in the King Bhekuzulu Hall. At the Richards Bay Campus, registration will take place in clearly marked venues on the ground floor.
Should you require any additional information regarding Registration 2016, herewith the contact details:
|Telephone Number||: 035-9026000/6674/6041/6036/6035/6176|
|Fax Number||: 035-9026026/7|
|Email address||: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Postal address||: Private Bag X1001, KwaDlangezwa, 3886|
Richards Bay Campus
|Email address||:email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Physical address||:2 Cent Circle, Arboretum, Richards Bay Postal address : Private Bag X1041, Richards Bay, 3900 University’s|
• Lectures start: Monday, 8 February 2016
• Modification of registration of undergraduate modules and programmes starts :Tuesday, 9 February 2016
• Modification of registration of undergraduate modules and programmes ends :Friday, 12 February 2016