Having the considered the security situation on campus, University Management has decided it is in the best interest of students to lift the suspension of academic activities and permit students to return to the campus and residences, subject to the following conditions:
1. Students who wish to return to the University and resume their academic programme must reactivate their student cards;
2. In reactivating the student card, the student warrants that he/she acknowledges and understands the terms and conditions and agree to strictly comply with the conditions herein;
3. In reactivating the student card, the student undertakes not to engage in any illegal protest action, unlawful activity or conduct himself/herself in any manner that jeopardizes the peace and security on the campus and residence or hinder the academic programme in any way;
4. Activities on campus shall be restricted to the academic programme only; and
5. Strict security measures shall be applicable at all University facilities.
Students will not be permitted to enter the campus and/or residence if their student cards are not reactivated. The student shall be compelled to produce his/her student card at the behest of any Protection Services Department Officer or other Staff member.
Students who are subject to criminal and/or internal disciplinary proceedings are barred from entering the University campus and/or the residences.
The University campus and residences shall reopen as follows:
1. On Tuesday 1st October, 2019 for Residence students only;
2. On Wednesday 2nd October 2019 for all other students;
3. Lectures shall resume on Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
Students who arrive at the University campus prior to the 1st October 2019 shall not be permitted to enter the campus.