DramAidE (Drama in AIDS Education) started its operations in 1992 and was registered in 2006 as an NPO. The organization is constituted as an outreach program of the University of Zululand that facilitate critical awareness and transfer of skills among under resourced communities of KwaZulu-Natal. DramAidE is affiliated to the Centre for Communication, Media and Society (CCMS) at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban campus.
The organization is a public health communication agency that uses the arts and other participatory methodologies to:
• Reduce stigma and discrimination around HIV and AIDS and TB
• Reduce new HIV infections
• Promote health and wellness at workplaces
• Initiate and establish Peer Education programs
• Promote Treatment Literacy
• Promote Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision.
• Promote Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission
The main function of the Organization is to facilitate public health communication through promoting healthy lifestyle choices and linking communities to health services. The main activities and services rendered by the organization are:
• Facilitation of community dialogues
• Communication campaigns including Road Shows
• Social facilitation
• Forum theatre
• Material development
• Action research
• Events management
Watch this space or contact Felicity Nicholson for more information.
Tel: +27 (0) 35 9026345