Academic Planning & Quality Division
Higher education institutions in South Africa, both public and private, have accepted that quality assurance is an integral part of their core business, namely: teaching and learning, community engagement and research. The establishment of the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) of the Council on Higher Education (CHE) is expected by law to work with quality assurance and promotion offices in institutions of higher education to ensure, support, develop and monitor quality assurance processes.Hence UNIZULU has the Academic Planning and Quality Division (APQ) which is tasked with discharging quality functions according to the Higher Education Act of 1997 and the South African Qualifications Authority Act which created the legislative basis for quality assurance processes in higher education.
The University’s Academic Planning and Quality Division prepares and assists faculties in setting up quality mechanisms by:
- Providing information which supports and advances the strategic objectives of UNIZULU;
- Ensuring that UNIZULU provides academic programmes of the highest possible standards through evaluations, reviews and benchmarking with other universities;
- Carrying out university-wide surveys to determine how services are discharged by the University to its recipients;
- Updating faculties on new developments in higher education;
- Ensuring collective responsibility by all University stakeholders in the enhancement of the quality of UNIZULU’s core business; and
- Supporting curriculum planning, development and monitoring of the core business of the University.
To be a valuable resource to the University community in enhancing and providing quality education.
To facilitate the establishment of quality management systems for the University to be in line with the requirements of the external quality systems of higher education in South Africa.
- To ensure and safeguard a culture of quality through quality management systems within the University;
- To ensure that the quality of teaching and learning, research and community engagement is continuously improved;
- To ensure that the University responds effectively to national policies in higher education;
- To provide support on the development, implementation and monitoring of quality management systems; and
- To offer practical support and advice to the University
|Vacant||Director||100||1||035 902 6595|
|Miss ZC Bhengu||Administration Assistance||102A||1||035 902 6441||035 902 6595||BhenguZ@unizulu.ac.za|
|Miss TA Ndimande||Manager: APQ||106||1||035 902 6644||035 902 6595||NdimandeT@unizulu.ac.za|
|Miss A Nongongo||Manager: HEMIS||203||2||035 902 6014||035 902 6595|
|Mrs PP Mbatha||Co-ordinator : Student Surveys||103||1||035 902 6836||035 902 6595||MbathaP@unizulu.ac.za|
|Mr SWA Sibeko||QA: Faculty of Art,Science & Agri||104||1||035 902 6481||035 902 6595||SibekoS@unizulu.ac.za|
|Mrs TN Biyela||QA: Faculty of Education, Comm, Adm & Law||107||1||035 902 6115||035 902 6595||BiyelaT@unizulu.ac.za|
|Vacant||MIS Specialist||205||2||035 902 6595|